The rules of the meme are:
1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favourite weblogs
5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged
Here goes 7 things about myself:
1. I live in beautiful New England, USA. I absolutely love where I live, with the exception of the cold winters. I have always said to my husband that if we could have spring and summer year round this would be the most perfect place on earth. I guess nothing is perfect, but nonetheless I love it. After all the winter allows me to stay inside and be cozy with all my quilting activities!! That's a definite plus in my book.
2. I started quilting about 15 years ago. However, I really still have my 1st patchwork project from 6th grade Home Economics. It was a pillow, which I still own. So if you want to figure that in I started quilting.....well.....a long time ago and then picked it back up 15 years ago. The hobby quickly became a business, Canton Village Quilt Works. I have been long arm quilting for 8 years for many wonderful quilters!! These quilter's continue to make my business thrive and I love them all. They give me so much inspiration on a daily basis.
3. I have 2 cats, Rolo (20lbs) and Beanie (normal size). We absolutely love them. They are great friends to us and follow us around like lap dogs. We did have 2 other cats, Mr. Bud and Humphrey, but they both passed at the ages of 17. Here are my current cats Rolo and Beanie, aren't they great?
4. I love to travel with my family. We do a lot and this year is no different. This year we will be traveling to Arizona 2 times, Alaska, and Peru. Of course when I travel I do stop at every quilt shop I can and pick up some piece of fabric or pattern that intrigues me. I am especially looking forward to Peru. I hear there are some great textiles there.
5. I love to cook, when I have the time. Mostly I love to bake and think that I am pretty good at baking items such as cookies and pies. In fact, today I am going to bake a Toll House Cookie Pie. Mmmmm....maybe I will post the recipe later. Even though I like to cook, I do enjoy going out to eat very much.
6. I love bright colors and just color in general. Colors make me happy. I especially love bright pinks, greens, and purples. This is clearly reflected in my stash choices.
7. Here goes...one of my weaknesses is computers. I don't consider myself very computer saavy and jumping into the land of blogging and owning my own website is changing that in a positive way. I am learning more about computers than I ever thought I would. I also have to give credit to my son who is highly capable in the computer world!!
8. I now have many favorite blogs, here is just a sampling:
Coffee Time Quilt Studio
All Stitched Up
Pam Kitty Morning
Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens
Sew and Sox
Auntie's Quaint Quilts
One other thing about me is I love the RED SOX!!!!
Oh, and by the way, all the above, with the exception of Helen, are being tagged! I will send you all an e-mail!! I was able to send everyone an e-mail except for Jen at Sew and Sox. So Jen if you are reading this you have been tagged!! Just follow the rules above if you would like to, if not that is okay too.
Have a great day everyone!!!