So sorry, this post was intended for yesterday, but we were without internet! It is really amazing how much we depend on technology isn't it?
Anyway, so this past weekend I did some sewing and worked on my daughter's Hunter's Star Quilt as shown in this post.
I was able to put on the two inner borders and also work on the 3rd border which is pieced.
The result was these combo units. Black and white
with a touch of teal and blue, just like she wanted.
I started with 3 piles of squares. One black, one white, and one with blues and teals. Very saturated in color. She picked out the colors. Many of them are batiks
. Even though she picked out the colors she still doesn't know what the quilt looks like. Now to keep it that way.
This is what it looks like during the piecing process. I just love the little pile of trimmings.
I used the Tucker Trimmer
to get my combo units to the correct and precise size. It is a wonderful tool and can be found here
Very little waste, but what I like best is the accuracy it gives you when the blocks are all trimmed up. This way your piecing should go together really easily and accurately.
These are just a few of the blocks, I really like them and can't wait start putting them on the design wall with the quilt. You can get an idea of what it will look like here.
The pattern is called Hot Flash
. I am hoping to have the quilt complete for her by the holidays. Wish me luck!!
Until Next Time....